Liverpool: printed by J. McCreery, Houghton Street. And sold by Cadell and Davies, Strand, London.
306 x 252. [iv], vii, [iii], 29,  blank, 18,  descriptive references to the engravings; with frontispiece bound immediately before the first page of the text, rather than opposite the title page; some foxing (as usual) otherwise a very good, clean copy in contemporary roan backed boards, no paper title on spine, somewhat worn, notably at corners and along edges. First edition of this poem by John McCreery (1768-1832). It is dedicated to William Roscoe and begins with an address to the ghost of Johann Gutenberg; it is finely printed with Baskerville Press typefaces designed by William Martin, and is illustrated by Henry Hole. McCreery went to London not long afterwards, where he met Dibdin and printed his Bibliomania in 1809. Part two was published 24 years later (1827) and they are sometimes found together. Jackson, p.273; Updike II 124; Johnson, Provincial Poetry, 565; Bigmore 8.